The Completely True History of Australia
“Funnier than any other book about Australian history, including my own”
- David Hunt, Girt
On 26 January 1788 a bunch of old white men arrived in Australia and started ruining it for everyone. 240 years later, Australia is a completely different country, still being ruined by old white men.
The Chaser Quarterly has compiled a diverse array of Australia's least eminent historians, Charles Firth (The Chaser), James Schloeffel (The Shovel) and Cameron Smith (Chaser Digital). The Completely True History of Australia is the definitive account of the white, male perspective on history.
As such, even though it completely ignores most of the people and cultures that went into making Australia the nation it is today, it will no doubt be studied in schools for generations to come. Perfect reading for anyone who wants a reason to be angry at white men in Australia.
"The perfect Mother's Day gift"
- Marketing person at The Chaser
- Complete, comprehensive timeline of the last 60,000 years of Australian History, without any errors
- Foreword by David Hunt, author of Girt
- The Prehistory of Australia, covering 60,000 years of disappointment with the Australian continent
- A new, never before published account of Bennelong's invasion of England
- Stunning new evidence about the 'disappearance of Harold Holt', including minutes from the Chinese government
- Stunning new revelations about the CIA's accidental involvement in the sacking of Whitlam
- ... and much much more.
"If you only read one book about Australian history this year, you should probably expand your reading habits."
- Chaser Quarterly - Issue 12
- 153mm x 234mm
- Full colour cover
- Black and white text throughout
- Perfect bound
- RRP $19.95